Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day, go away

I tried to tell my husband my reasons for boycotting Mother's Day. He dosnt agree with me, but whatever... I dedicated the day to the twin's firstmother. She is the one that deserves it more really. She carried 2, she labored 2, she delivered (2 different ways), she suffered stitches, and only seeing them for a few minutes before the got whisked away to another town and not seeing them again for almost 2 months!

I got used to making this day NOT exist for me, for the world (my poor mother suffered from my lack of acknowledging this day). I dont NEED this day. I am content not having this day. I can sit and feel blessed and happy to be a mother ANY day, I dont need a day set aside for that. Geez.

I hate that firstmother's ache on this day, that isnt fair to them. Why cant something good come of a day like this for them, I mean if there has to be a mother's day. Instead its this terrible reminder (no matter how content they are w/ placing). blah!

Ok, its 2am, and I think the wine is finally wearing off....

No comments: