Ok I've heard of this local agency from a few people, and I know somoene using them right now.. So I clicked on the link to check them out more, just out of curiosity (no Im NOT even interested in a second adoption anytime in the next um few years).
So far Im impressed, check this out:
"Our experience tells us that children are able to understand about adoption even at a very young age. We also believe it is in the child's best interest to know their birthparents love them, which is why we are advocates of open adoption.
There are many pressures on you; it seems everyone has an opinion. We promise not to tell you what to do, but instead to help you listen to what your heart and mind are saying."
THREE key points all written in one little happy cluster :)
*children understand, even early
*advocates of open adoption
*recognize that others are preassuring, but they say they arent intersted in that..
YES there is a lot of REFORM I still see... They used the word "birthmother" and explained why:
"You may have already become familiar with the term "birthmother" or "birthparents". These terms are ones commonly used in adoption when referring to biological parents who make an adoption plan for their child."
Im not fond of this explanation at all, and hope someday its gone or changed..
I saw some other wonderfull things, like thier explanation on open adoption (a lot of good things, and only a small ammount of "fluff"
OH and they also actually mention that in oregon you can make your open adoption legal (OTHER agencies DONT EVEN MENTION IT!) Bravo!
http://www.planlovingadoptions.org/
Hey Im not advertising them, I was just clicking around and came across something that seems a lot better then some of the crap I have read latly.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment