Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Who has the rights, who needs the rights

Ok this might be a big jumbled mess of thoughts, but Im going to try to get this out..

There is a large group of adoptee's who's rights have been yanked from them without thier knowledge, often when they were inocent infants. The ability to get thier personal information such as thier original birth cirtificate, and other information regarding thier biological connections.

What frusterates me the most is that we allow that. I dont think it should be legal. I think someone wishing to place thier children for adoption should have two choice: "yes, contact me I am here and available" or "please use disgresion and a mediary person when contacting me"~ I DO understand a person's need for privacy, in as much as being a little more cautious when contacting them... But I dont think we should be able to completely take away ALL information the way it can be done.

Thankfully, I dont think its done as much anymore, but I know that it still happens...

I wonder if we can overturn more of those sealed laws.. I know a few states have.

OK, did I make any sense??

2 comments:

Amyadoptee said...

Okay you have peaked my curiosity. I think I am going to add you to my links sometime this weekend

Angela said...

Thank you! I'd love your link, but it wont let me click on you :)