Thursday, June 21, 2007

I dont understand why this happens so much

Another father, stripped of his rights... its sick
Take a look

There is also a petition out for him, on his page.

On a personal note, it bothers me especially, since they are Mormon, and thier philosophy on why the child should be placed is just annoying and brings back a lot of memories of being treated like a robot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty sad. So he didn't sign any paperwork? Is that right? How can they do that?

Angela said...

Yeah, he didnt sign anything, and he also made sure to write many notices to as many people he could think to make sure they knew he did not approve a placement...

I dont think all men should "have" to sign, but its got to be a lot harder to terminate his rights so quickly, especially if the expectant mom keeps moving to different locations, that should be a red flag to an agency that she is running from the father's rights. I think a wait time for fathers to come forward should be extended, and if there is a name, I think an agency should do thier own search for him and not just ask emom for his number/contact info (if they even go as far as doing that, wich it dosnt seem like they do).
yeeesh...